Amazon Link

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bub's is a....

It's a girl! She was very modest yesterday, but let us get confirmation on gender. As soon as we did, she put her knees back together. That's my girl! She's well on her way to making sure I meet the number 1 goal. I am so excited to meet my sweet baby girl.

Everyone keeps telling me that if I try to make her a tomboy I will fail. But even if she isn't a tomboy, hopefully I can accomplish the following:
1. Make sure she doesn't throw/run/catch like a "girl" in the pejorative sense. I just don't want her to be hopelessly unathletic.
2. Make sure she associates watching basketball with her dad as a treat and fun to do.
3. See above regarding Swayze/Reeves/Stallone/Seagal pictures.

Other than that, she can do all the girly stuff she wants with her mom.

Until next time, Mahalo.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely #2 is a must. To this day, my preferred way to spend Sunday afternoon is lounging on the couch watching golf because that's what I did with my dad. I don't get to watch golf much these days except when I go hang out with my dad. Fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I almost forgot - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a friend of your sister's. My best advice for dad's of little girls is this: when she gets older (8-10 years old), take her on dates every now and then. Open doors for her, pull out her chair, ask her how her day was. When she gets to the age you'll allow her to date, she will know how she's supposed to be treated, not by words, but by the most important man in her life showing her with actions. Just a thought. Now, please update the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been AGES since you've posted anything.... where ARE you?!? You were my monthly laugh... come ON, Gregg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANd YEAY! for a girl! You will be such a wonderful dad!

    ReplyDelete