Amazon Link

Friday, August 7, 2009

Another fun fact

Since you all seemed to enjoy my secret fear of seeing a robbery in progress at Blockbuster, I thought I'd share another odd fact about me. I revealed for the first time today that the reason I order the 6 inch sub at Subway instead of the footlong has nothing to do with my appetite or being on a diet. The reason why is quite simple: I don't want them to have to cut my sandwich. Let me explain: when you order the footlong they cut the sandwich using the knife that they use for everyone else. So we all know what that means: When the gross guy in front of you orders a sandwich with extra ranch and mayo, they cut it with the knife. God forbid they cleaned the knife between sandwiches. Even if they did, it would still gross me out. But since they don't clean it, it makes me sick and I wouldn't dare eat the sandwich since there would be mayo/ranch residue on my sandwich. I told Jessica about this and it seemed pretty clear that she was dismayed by this information. There are just some things that you can't reveal prior to marriage and my unnatural fear of a shared utensil is on that list.

I may have to make this a running segment on the blog. Trust me, there is a wealth of material since my neurotic tendencies no almost no bounds.

Carolla related update coming soon, along with more hilarious Journey videos, since I'm sure you've missed them. Until then, Mahalo!

3 comments:

  1. I don't find that reasoning at all unusual. When I make sandwiches I always make mine first (sans condiments) and then I make JP's last so that I can use just one knife. I really would prefer not to make his yucky sandwiches but being a dutiful and devoted wife I do it. No doubt about it, you're my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought about the subway knife before. Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so disturbing. I have never thought about it either. I may never eat at Subway again.

    Great. Yet another thing for me to be weird about.

    ReplyDelete