Amazon Link

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Jessica's Olympic Thoughts

Jessica has been in rare form the past couple days with her Olympics commentary. It must be shared:

1. She decided that the ski jump looks easy and is probably something she can do. She was not joking. I tried to explain that I doubt she could even keep her skis straight in the grooves to make it to the jump, let alone do that successfully then jump 300 feet. She would most likely end up like this. Then I would have to reenact the male version of this song. (I think it is an amazing song but super sad when I finally figured out what the heck he was talking about. I enjoy this particular clip since he is joking around beforehand, then sings a song about a dead guy's bride to be having to trade her wedding dress for a funeral dress)

2. She declared that being held in the air by a male figure skating partner would be simple. Again, I tried to reason with her that staying perfectly balanced and still, while being hoisted by a small man would be difficult. She maintains that part of it is easy and she could have been a good pairs skater if that is all she had to do. She would cut someone's ear off with a skate during her first practice run.

3. That a Russian figure skater looked tough and would not "be the type of guy you would want to see in a dark alley." The skater is this guy. Process that for a moment. I can't imagine I would do anything other than laugh if I saw this guy trying to mug me. When I pointed out the absurdity of her statement, she did relent and say that once he started skating he didn't look that tough.

4. Lastly, that a male figure skater had to be straight based on the way he moved his hips at the beginning of a routine. She said that he moved his hips like I do when I try to dance and that no gay man would move that way. She may have a valid point with that one.

I on the other hand understand that the only Winter Olympic event I could ever do would be throwing the stone in curling. I couldn't even be one of the sweepers since I would certainly fall down trying to sweep that fast.

I am really looking forward to another week and a half of these comments. ACG, tell Canada to get it's act together so we can see some skiing.

Next post, I am going to answer some reader mail, so please send along any questions you may have. Until then, Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. I especially love the links to the scary ice skater.

    ReplyDelete