Amazon Link

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Reader Mail

Believe it or not, I actually do get random questions/criticisms/suggestions from dear readers, such as yourself. I figured on the eve of the anniversary of the blog I should take some time to answer them.

These are real questions by real readers. Except for the ones I made up.

Q: Will you please stop writing about stuff I say/do? Everyone that reads the blog will think I am a shrew of a wife.
Jessica L., Edmond, OK

A: Your request has been considered and denied. It's funny. Plus no one who reads this doesn't know us in real life, so they are fully aware that I am ridiculous and not to be trusted to accurately recount events.

Q: Seriously, what's the big deal with Carolla. He's not funny. He has failed spectacularly in TV and film. You should stop listening to him for hours each day, which I am sure will greatly improve the quality of your life.
Steve M., Syracuse, NY

A: False. Carolla is hilarious and a true comedy genius. Steve, it's not my fault you have no sense of humor. It's your life, so if you want to go through it like a giant humorless doucher, I can't stop you. Do me a favor, watch this. If you still think Carolla's not funny then we are at an impasse. I'll go to the right and you'll go left with the Nickelback fans.

Q: I get it, you like Journey. You do realize that music has come out since 1988. Please link to some other videos.
Lawrence B., Tulsa, OK

A: Sure thing Larry. Enjoy.

Larry, we obviously can't be friends. If you don't enjoy Journey videos for both the music and the unintentional comedy, we'll never see eye to eye. The above video features a mustachioed Steve Perry singing his heart out while out rambling on the road. Then shaving his mustache and sweating like a demon to show how much he misses her. Plus you get the added comedy of the bassist (who is the breakout star of the Separate Ways video) looking forlorn into the mirror, where his jazzercise girlfriend's photo hangs, as he pretends to play.

Q: My girlfriend isn't a fan of Ace either. How can I turn her around?
Phillip R., River Bend, OR

A: Phil, I'm probably not the right man to ask, since I can't even convince my wife to listen to or watch any Carolla related content. Any success I have had in making Jess enjoy Carolla had to come through trickery, such as relating a funny rant or opinion without the source. After she laughs, I tell her it was Ace and she feels ashamed for laughing. Another more sinister plan would be to get her a dog and name him Ace. She'll love the dog and eventually there will be some transference and she will start liking Ace more.


Make sure you check back for the Aceiversary Blog and the rest of reader mail.
Until next time, enjoy a non-Journey video. Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment