Amazon Link

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Win!

Well, it finally happened. I won the bet. Time to celebrate supporters of my righteous quest. Jessica actually conceded the bet on Friday at our rehearsal dinner as she presented me with an autographed picture of Ace. The picture will be prominently displayed at my office as soon as I go back to work.

It is totally disorienting to be able to speak of Ace freely once again. I'm still not totally comfortable with the idea, but much to the chagrin of Jessica I'll probably get used to it soon. Jessica is "making" me watch SYTYCD once again and Ellen is a guest judge. I'm reminded of Ace's statements about when a comedian goes on a show with humorless people and seems hilarious. It's happening right now to the point that I even chuckled a bit at her corny jokes. It's not good.

In lieu of some great Ace stories, I wanted to share my favorite Jessica story of weekend. To set the scene, we were staying at a lovely resort on Marco Island. As part of the stay, we could charge items to our room account instead of cash. That scenario worked brilliantly until Jessica decided to venture out on her own for some Pringles and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Here's where it gets funny: The lady at the gift shop asked if Jessica was old enough to be authorized to make purchases on her own or if there was someone there with her that could do it. Jessica informed her she was on her honeymoon and the purchase was allowed. Even though it was allowed, Jessica didn't help her cause by signing her name like a 4 year old. She still isn't used to her new last name and screws up the last 2 letters. I told her it is probably because the last 2 letters are the same as her previous name, but in a different order. I say without hesitation that when I told her this, it was the first time it had occurred to her so I think we have turned the corner on the issue. I'm sure Jessica's selections didn't help create the impression that she was old, but certainly old enough to be authorized on a hotel account. I'm not sure how to feel about all this. On one hand it means I have a hot young bride (which Jessica reminds me of often) but on the other I'm afraid it makes me the old creepy guy. I already know that Jess is too good looking for me, but I don't want to add the old creep on top of that. I guess it is a high class problem to have so I shouldn't complain.

I had a moment of inspiration with my previously detailed plan for a Journey cover band made up of my male children (and nephews if necessary). I have a name: The Journey Boys! That is pure gold. I'm going to start working on t-shirts right now. I'm thinking that the combination of the name and cuteness of 5 brothers singing songs from the 70's will overcome their very probable lack of musical ability. I'm taking investors right now.

I promise more Ace related updates soon. Until then, Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. I love that Jess got carded buying pringles and reeses--could not be a better story.

    ReplyDelete