Amazon Link

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Setting the record straight by Jessica

Gregg offered me a chance to post a message since I constantly complain about how much he exaggerates things that I say and downplays his own behavior. Now, since I don't have the time nor energy to write the 10,000 words it would take to refute all of Gregg's misstatements, I'll just hit the highlights.

The biggest misconception is that I force Gregg to watch all the shows he always complains about. He loves "So You Think You Can Dance," no matter what he will tell all of you. Loves it. He claims it is just because he has a crush on Cat Deely and likes when she adds an "r" at the end of a name that ends with "a" (his favorite is Tabithar; he repeats it at least 3 times every time she says it and giggles like a 9 year old). He also gets upset with me when I delete "One Tree Hill" from the DVR. He says he just likes the music, but that is a lie. Hopefully none of you believe his lies.

Gregg also makes fun of my taste in comedy, but let me ask you, how would you like to be woken up multiple times a week by Gregg asking you to watch a clip from a show filmed 20 years ago. It's not fun. He'll make me sit through 45 minutes of movies like "The Cable Guy" for one particular scene that he thinks is funny. God forbid we fast forward to the scene. He claims that ruins the effect of the scene if you don't watch the back story. He also makes me watch Arrested Development over and over. He loves pointing out the subtle jokes, like I've slept through the episode the first 5 times. See, it's not pleasant.

I don't think any of you understand how much he used to talk about Carolla. It was at least 5 times a day. I would know more about what happened on Carolla's show than what happened in his day. Now, instead of telling me about Carolla, he sits on the computer and laughs to himself as he types this blog. I promise you, none of you are as amused by this blog as him. It's really sad. But a Carolla-free house has been wonderful. Unfortunately, he has replaced his Carolla talk with Simmons and Dameshek talk. I'm actually considering a Carolla/Simmons/Dameshek bet with him. I would have to pay way more than $1000 for him to do it though. Even if that bet happens, he'll just replace that talk with talk of Arrested Development and The State. I'm not sure which is worse.

Gregg also has the tendency to state as absolute truth any opinion he holds about any book/movie/music. He'll tell you that you are "an insane abomination" if you don't think "The Catcher In the Rye" is the best book ever. He probably won't even discuss it with you. Should you happen to like The Eagles, you apparently are dumb and like music for idiots. The list goes on and on. He'll be shocked when I don't agree with him and go on for 15 minutes about how I must be crazy. It's always the same though, it's either the best thing ever, or so bad he can't comprehend it. Nothing was ever just so so. For once I want him to see a movie and say it was average. I don't think it's ever happened.

I could continue, but the longer I go, the longer response I will have to deal with tonight.
J-Mac out!

4 comments:

  1. Gregg has John Tesh on his iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "it's either the best thing ever, or so bad he can't comprehend it"--I think Gregg has always been like that and I like that about him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Gregg won't delete my comment this time...

    I actually didn't write this post, but I don't mind too much because it's pretty close to what I'd say. I find the silver lining of this whole experience is that at least he understands how difficult he is. ;)

    I own the Eagles Greatest Hits and am proud of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't lie about your writing Jessica. I know it isn't "gramatically correct," "entertaining," or what one would consider "average writing for a college graduate" but it's still yours and you need to take ownership.

    ReplyDelete