Amazon Link

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Team Jessica?

Is anyone out there still on Team Jessica? (please indicate allegiance in the comments) If you are, I hope you realize that it is like cheering for the Washington Generals when they play the Globetrotters. Sure, it makes you feel good for cheering for the team with no chance and if they somehow win you get to feel special for having faith. But 99.99% of the time you are cheering for the side destined to fail. That is Team Jessica. If you want to cheer for a winner, stick with Team Gregg. We are bringing this bet home.

Ace had Artie Lange on the podcast. First, Artie claims to have been sober for 2 and 1/2 months. Anyone who has seen his performance on Joe Buck's HBO show will beg to differ. He was clearly out of his mind. He went on to talk about how he hates David Cross. How. Dare. You. Jessica also hates David Cross (For Shame!) so she and that booze addled slob Artie have something in common. There is still time to reconsider team Jessica. Considering she shares opinions with this clown and I share opinions with this visionary, I think the choice is clear.

One of my favorite Ace related moments was his discussion of how he can't tell if guys are gay anymore. He has famously said that the only reason people make such a big deal about celebrities, like Lance Bass and Clay Aiken's sexuality is because they are so clearly gay that it throws people off when they say they are straight. As soon as they come out as gay, everything goes back to normal and no one cares. The other problem is guys with jobs that are usually staffed by gay guys (hair dresser, flight attendant, etc) now have to go out of their way to prove they aren't gay. Ace riffed that he doesn't want to come on a plane and listen to the straight male flight attendant talk about all the hot tail on the plane just to prove he's straight. His solution was simple: Just like NFL teams put a red jersey on the QB so the defense doesn't hit him in practice, the straight guys need a special uniform. I think it is a solid idea, too bad it has zero chance of actually happening.

Since I haven't posted much lately I figured you guys were all missing my special links. Well, here you go:
1
2
and
3

If you guessed that all three links were Journey related, you win. I think that Barry needs to hire the geniuses in #2 to fix the economy. If those guys can recreate the funniest video of all time, I'm pretty sure they can fix the economy in a week. I cannot even describe how insane I would go to meet one of those guys, especially the keyboard player, who really captures the essence of the original. I would buy them drinks and talk about that 4 minute video for 4 hours. And if you didn't watch the video and laugh, you my dear friend are an AK level d-bag. Deal with it.

Jess and I were at the mall to look at watches today and I decided to eat lunch in the food court. I saw something really troubling. I saw a 50-ish year old man, who if I had to bet has some sort of computer or accounting job reading a book. Normal enough, except the title of the book was The Dragon Reborn. Why would an old man read that crap in public? He should have taken a page from Biff Tannen in Back to the Future II when he uses the jacket for the Sports Almanac to hid his copy of Oh La La. Just thinking about Marty McFly dejectedly saying, "Oh La la? Oh La La," is cracking me up. Hopefully I am not alone in that.

Co-worker Amy: here's your special video shout out: Enjoy. Seriously between the guys that did that video and the Journey guys, we could land on Mars next Tuesday. Too bad they spend all their time making awesome vidoes.

Thanks for reading, until next time, Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment