Amazon Link

Monday, March 23, 2009

Amendment to previous post

I can't believe that just yesterday I wrote about how hair stylists are more attractive because of their job. Well, that theory died a strange death today. I went to get my hair cut and had a heavy set blond hair stylist. Needless to say "she" was not attractive in any way. We had the normal conversation as the haircut began. I told her I was a lawyer and she told me that she had a bad experience with lawyers in the past. I asked what happened, and she told me that she had to get a new birth certificate and had some trouble getting it finished. Then she said this: "To be honest, I was born a man and needed to get a new birth certificate." Oh my. She went on to tell me about her boyfriend in Egypt and how she wants to marry him. But the worst part was when she told me that her previous lawyer was a woman, who used to be a man. And that she was married to a woman when she was a man, and is still with her. I was really thinking about just getting up in the middle of my haircut so I didn't have to listen to anymore. It was completely terrifying. I am just proud that I didn't laugh as she was telling me this. To cap it off, her name is Blondie. I am not clever enough to make this up.

Carolla had Bill Simmons on today, which combines two of my favorite things. I haven't even finished listening to it yet, but there is already so much to talk about. They began the podcast by discussing something that I have talked about many times. Everyone who knows me knows that I have a crush on Natalie Portman which dates back to her in "Beautiful Girls." She was 13 at the time. But when the movie came out, I was 15. The topic became, are you a pervert to watch that movie and be attracted to Natalie Portman at 13 knowing she becomes an attractive woman. Carolla voted Not a Pervert. I tend to agree. I have had these conversations many times and everyone always tells me that I am a pervert for my stance. I disagree. When I first saw her it was age appropriate, so I maintain that it is still appropriate. The gray area is when someone becomes famous that is younger than 18, when you are older than that. If that is the test, Bill Simmons clearly failed. Bill Simmons might get into trouble with the pedo police because he started talking about seeing a girl that looked like Miley Cyrus and being attracted to her, thinking she was 27. Turns out it was actually Miley Cyrus. So, that clearly makes Bill Simmons a pervert. So, if you see Simmons walking around your neighborhood, do not be alarmed, sometimes people make mistakes.

Happy Birthday Melissa. Until next time, Mahalo!

3 comments:

  1. I don't understand how you are not a regular guest on the podcast.

    Thanks for the birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to get there. I keep hoping someone who knows Ace will read this and get my on the podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd just like to say..that the bull moose is loony

    ReplyDelete