Amazon Link

Friday, March 13, 2009

Please pick up the courtesy phone...

Time once more to GET IT ON. Remember, no choice but to GET IT ON.
Big week for Ace's podcast. He had Joel McHale on Thursday. There just isn't a better guest than Joel. It was another great episode that I highly recommend you all listen to right now. The podcast is actually #1 on iTunes, which drives Jessica out of her mind.

Speaking of driving Jessica out of her mind, I have a great new plan. Jessica was foolhardy enough to alert her work friends to this blog in an effort to win the previous poll. Bad idea. I think that all of Jessica's work friends should have a constant barrage of Carolla talk with Jessica at work. You are all evil geniuses, so I am sure you will figure out a way to make the podcast play through the work speakers, or hijack her computer and play it on a loop.

Carolla and McHale were talking about all the great fake names that can be announced over the speakers at a public establishment. They ran through all the classics, Haywoode Jablome, etc. Carolla starting talking about his new favorite, Harry Seaward (which is my fantasy basketball team and never ceases to make me laugh). Since Jon and I are going to Vegas next week, I am planning to have Harry Seaward paged every where we go, just to make him laugh. I am picturing how delighted Jonathan will be by this and laughing.

I really wish I could talk to Jessica about the podcast. Her biggest complaint about the Adam Carolla Show was how often Adam would yell about things. I understand it is insane to not enjoy Carolla's rants, but this is the same woman who doesn't like The Catcher in the Rye. But the podcast has a much different feel since he does it in his house, exclusively with guests he enjoys. It goes without saying that the absence of Strasser is a huge plus. The podcast with Joel also had some great talk from Carolla about how young girls don't like beets and if he ever found himself single he would use that to screen girls that were too old. He said if the girl says she likes beets, she's clearly too old. Just don't tell that to this guy.

The other great part of the podcast was Carolla talking about all his insane buddies and the nonsense they do to each other. It basically involves trying to pee on each other or wrestling nude. It all sounds horrifying, but it was hilarious. As much as I want to be buddies with Ace, I clearly wouldn't fit into his crowd. I can't take a sip of another persons drink, so I would obviously lose my mind if someone peed on my leg.

Thanks for reading, until next time, Mahalo!

2 comments:

  1. I don't like beets and I'm old. And all this from a guy who grew up peeing on everything in sight? You came out of the womb and peed on the doc, you would have weighed in at 10 pounds if you had just held it for another second!!

    ReplyDelete