Amazon Link

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How Dare She (Day 10)

Wow, Jessica did something to make me very happy today, followed by something so foul I can barely comprehend it. First, we set a wedding date, July 18, 2009. Obviously this is not the foul act I mentioned earlier. I am very excited to marry Jessica. I think she is eager to set the date since she knows that I am going to win this bet. The way she figures it, when she has to pay me she can just use our money. I am on to her game. I am thinking of making her put the money in escrow.

The terrible thing that Jessica did today was tell me that Catcher in the Rye is the worst book ever. She went as far to say that Adam Carolla is the radio equivalent of Catcher in the Rye. How dare she besmirch two of my favorite things.

Carolla had Aisha Tyler on Tuesday. It was amazing. I was reminded by Jonathan of his undying love for Aisha. I had totally forgotten about it. He used to watch the Soup every night when she was the host. She was the forgotten one in Jon's top 3, the others being Faith Hill and Toni Braxton. I used to terrorize him with jokes on a daily basis, none of which were clever. I just told Jon that the Bellagio is right across the street from the Giant Toni Braxton poster in Vegas. I figure that whenever I can't find Jon in Vegas, he'll be camped in front of the poster.

The main topic for Aisha was about all the stuff that your parents don't tell you. It was interesting because there are so many things I don't remember being taught and just figured out. Or was I taught them and just forgot. I will have to come up with a list of all the things I need to teach a son:
1. Larry Bird is the greatest man ever
2. You want to go to UNC; you want to punch people in Duke shirts
3. How to shave/mow the grass/change a tire (all things I am relatively sure I just figured out)
4. Never, under any circumstances trust your mother's taste in radio personalities or books.
See that would have made good conversation with Jessica. I bet she is regretting the bet now.
Until next time, Mahalo!

2 comments:

  1. 5. If you need some dirt on your dad, ask Aunt Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect at least one picture of Jon in front of Toni at the Flamingo. When Sheridan, Melissa and I were there last year, we noticed that at least 4 lucky guests get to stay in the crotch-region of the poster on the hotel wall.

    ReplyDelete