Amazon Link

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

High Treason

Jessica is once again trying to win this bet by cheating. If you thought some of her earlier misdeeds were underhanded, this latest one will shock you.
I was in Tulsa last night (editors note: This was originally written on Wednesday, but not finished since I was too tired to be entertaining. Now I know you are all making a joke about how I must always be tired since I am never entertaining. That is not funny and truthfully a bit hurtful) for Rosi Golan and William Fitzsimmons. It was an amazing show by two incredible artists. I arrived home at about 1:00 am and went straight to bed. When I woke up, I started to tell Jessica about the concert and my evening. Jessica told me about her night and how she couldn't fall asleep. She said she decided to watch a movie to help herself fall asleep. Then we had this exchange:

G: What movie?
J: A boring one, so I could sleep.
G: Meaning what?
J: (pointing to the TV)
I then looked on top of the TV for what movie Jessica deemed an appropriate choice to fall asleep to. It's time to brace yourself: it was "The Hammer." I mean, how terrible is that? Not only is she insulting Ace's movie, but she was clearly leaving the DVD out to trick me into mentioning it while I was still drowsy from sleeping and not paying attention. I hope you all see what I am up against and how badly Jessica wants to win this bet. Fear not, I'm not going to let that happen.

I need to start keeping a list of things I haven't been able to say to Jessica. Off the top of my head there were the following this weekend:
1. Watching a car auction on TV at her friends house and wanted to talk about Ace's super garage and numerous cars;
2. telling her the terrible story from the guys that write "Drawn Together" about seeing his parents getting it on;
3. stories about Chris Hardwick's father being a professional bowler and being in a Miller Lite commercial;
and
4. discussion of Ace's new sitcom, which will co-star Windell Middlebrooks, from the Miller High Life commercials.

I am sure that after Jessica reads this she will be distraught once more. She has to realize how much amazing conversation she is missing, whether she admits it or not.
Hi Kaylan. Until next time, Mahalo!

2 comments: