Amazon Link

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 56


Happy Sunday to everyone. It is Day 56 of my journey and I am still on target to win the money. Jessica is getting more and more worried about it. I am sure she will unleash some unholy attack in the coming days, so stay tuned.

One last piece of business from the Dameshek podcast: I totally just remembered that Ace and Dameshek talked about how the winners of the Kentucky Derby generally make good names for your junk, should you be the kind of guy to name your junk. I almost veered into the wrong lane on the highway I was laughing so hard. I am planning on basing my Kentucky Derby bet solely on which is the best name for a unit. I plan on winning big.

Jessica did do something to make me insanely happy. She couldn't sleep last night and left this on my desktop. (it starts slow, but trust me, it is worth the wait) Now I know some of you don't click my links, which is madness, but seriously you must watch this one. When Jessica made me watch Made of Honor I almost choked I laughed so hard at that scene. (as you can see by the picture at the top of this post). I am always amused by bad displays of athletics in movies, people reading poetry (live or on film) and bad actors trying to be intense. And this is without a doubt the best display of bad athletics in film ever. Bill Simmons always jokes that nothing can top Woody Harrelson and Edward Norton dunking in White Men Can't Jump and American History X respectively. I defy any of you to watch all 3 and not admit that Made of Honor isn't by far the worst. I trust you will all side with me on this one.

I got my haircut again today. Faithful readers will recall my last experience getting my haircut was less than ideal. Well, today's experience did not involve a transsexual, but I did see a lady fall. My head was turned toward the stores break room as she was trimming over my ears. I saw a lady come out of the break room and as she stepped forward totally busted her ass and fell face first into a door knob. Mind you, I am looking directly at her as this happened, but I couldn't really do anything to help given the fact that scissors were next to my ear. I had to fight every urge in my body not to laugh. Thankfully I was successful, but it was close. I really need to find a new place to get my hair cut.

Until next time, Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. Gregg -
    I just want you to know that i have stumbled upon this blog and now subscribe to your post to my google rss reader...i have taken the time to catch up on all your post. God speed on your bet!

    Lunch soon...

    ReplyDelete