Amazon Link

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Suckers

Well, at least of few of you fell for my April Fool's Joke, even if you guys didn't leave me comments. But yes, it was all a joke. I thought it was relatively funny and was delighted to trick a few people. The dream is still alive and Jessica is still on pace to owe me $1000.

The absolute best part was that I even fooled Jessica. Now you should be asking yourself, "How the hell did Jessica believe you when she knew you didn't actually say that." Well, I'll tell you. Jessica is always the first to read my posts since I write these as we sit just across the room from each other. After my most recent post, she looked up and said, "Wait, so that's it? You are giving up the bet?"
I said I didn't understand what she was talking about. She repeated her query. I looked at her, trying to suppress my laughter and keep my composure. I gently asked her if she remembered what day it was. Her face was immediately flushed, head in hands and laughing like a maniac. I figured that if I could fool her, who was one of only 2 people privy to our conversation, that I had a good shot at fooling you fine people. Hopefully I didn't cause too much of an uproar. I was worried that my dozens of followers would start a riot and shut down the internet. Thankfully that didn't happen. Lucky for me, my co-worker (and I emphasize co-worker) Amy isn't as big a deal as she thinks and hasn't expanded this blogs popularity just yet.

I can't believe that anyone doubted me. If I lose this bet, it won't be over Taco Bell I can assure you that. Now if Carolla did commercials for Chipotle, I would be completely screwed since I am obsessed with their burritos.

The dream lives on. Until next time, Mahalo!

5 comments:

  1. So not funny. Yet somehow I wasn't even tipped off by Jessica's comment to April Fool's in her comment. I knew that the post was posted on April Fool's day (and even alluded to that fact in my comment) yet I whole heartedly trusted you and was really feeling bad about your relapse. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. I do have to say you're the first person to actual fool me on April Fool's day in a very long time.
    Yolanda K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more relieved than anything. Let the blogs continue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many of Gregg's co-workers fell for it (okay, the two of us that actually waste, er I mean spend time reading this). Good work. I really like that Jessica fell for it too. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a happy day. I hope that you vast fan base has returned to find out about the hoax. Whew!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chipotle! I love Chipotle, too. I miss Chipotle. (We're deprived up here in Michigan.) I think I'd lose a bet for Chipotle too!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete