Amazon Link

Monday, April 6, 2009

The Week of Gregg

Well, I may be having a year without Carolla, but I have had an amazing last 4 days. It hasn't quite been equal to the "The Summer of George" but it has been good nevertheless.
It has included the following:

1. A UNC victory over Villanova;
2. An amazing concert by Rosi Golan and William Fitzsimmons, that was accompanied by the perfect amount of Harp;
3. Baseball opening day;
4. Mail-Gate 2009 Part Deux (My favorite Part Deux since the Hot Shots! of the same title) at work on Monday to keep me entertained;
5. Jessica bringing me Charleston's for dinner;
6. Jessica bringing me my first Baja Blast with dinner;
7. Growing tired of Baja Blast and making my first "Wayneblaster" (which was pretty delicious even thought I didn't have any f'ing Smirnoff and had to settle for Kettle One);
8. Larry Bird's appearance prior to tip-off;
9. Jessica wearing her Fonzie jacket so I could make my super lame "Heyyy" joke as she walked in the door;
10; Jessica wearing her new William Fitzsimmons t-shirt as a good luck charm;
11. Watching UNC dominate MSU and win its 3rd Championship since I have been watching them, and concluding the season of my third favorite UNC team ever (behind 1993 and 1998) and the career of my 4th favorite UNC player behind , him, him and him.

And it will continue tomorrow as I am going to see Rosi Golan and William Fitzsimmons with Melissa.

I apologize for being such a slacker on the Carolla talk, but my drive to Ft. Worth was Carolla-free. I promise you that my drive to Tulsa will be full of wonderful Carolla talk, which means this blog will be back in full force by Wednesday.

Funny, before I even posted this blog my week has taken a turn for the worse. In the middle of "One Shining Moment", Jessica started to giggle and make fun of it for being cheesy. It has been known to get a bit dusty in my house during "One Shining Moment" especially when UNC is prominently involved. On the heels (pun intended) of that, Jessica stole the remote and turned on "The Hills." Yes, "The Hills", or as I like to call it, "The Reason The Rest of The World Hates America." Readers, just know that not even "The Hills" can bring me down tonight.
Until next time, Mahalo!

5 comments:

  1. That game was great! I found myself getting nervous when the difference in scores was anything less than 20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a new obsession. I've listened to Hazy about a dozen times this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously your precious Tarheels haven't had to face the bloodthirsty Valley College Monarchs. And let me see if I understand this. Your lady stopped at Taco Bell to get you a drink but not a Big Box Meal? I don't know if you've thought this through my man.

    ReplyDelete