Amazon Link

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jessica's latest tatics (Day 51)

Greetings readers. Most blogs celebrate readership milestones in the thousands of views, but we have smaller goals here at My Year Without Carolla. We just passed 500 and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Before we get to Jessica's latest proposal, there are a few things we need to talk about. First, Jessica has declared that she will no longer be reading the blog in an effort to annoy me. She claims that by reading this blog it has substituted for me talking to her about Carolla. She figures that she will increase her odds at victory by not reading. How wrong she is. Since she is not reading this, she will be completely unaware of my next proposal. I suggest that we all email Jessica our favorite Carolla clip tomorrow (4/22) at 11:11 a.m. Here are some suggestions:
here
here or
here.
I obviously cannot post Jessica's email in this public of a forum (See above reference to the numerous readers). So if you don't have it, please let me know and I will send it to you. I am counting on you to come through readers. I have faith.

I also want to give a special shout-out to Asteroid. I don't know who you are, but you are awesome.

The latest tactic Jessica has proposed is that the bet end on July 17th, since we are getting married on the 18th and joining our bank accounts. I am not sure if this is motivated by her delirium over the newest Harry Potter movie, due out July 17 or just her realizing she has 0% chance of winning this bet. I am not sure how I feel about this. I am obviously excited to get the money sooner, but I think it is some elaborate prank on her part. Either way, have faith readers. I am bringing this money home. I am planning to post future polls to have you help me decide how to use the money.

Well now that we have that out of the way, I have some leftover thoughts from a couple episodes ago. I was once more reminded why Carolla and I are kindred spirits. He was recounting stories of his Pop Warner football days and how his coaches never let them have water breaks. He kept talking about how the coaches would always tell you that if you drank water you would cramp. At most his coaches would let you take a swig of a hose and spit the water out. It reminded me of 7th grade and Coach Timms. Coach Timms thought water was somehow evil as well and would never let us have water breaks. It would be 100 degrees, which felt like 120 in pads and we would practice for 2 hours without a break. It was insane. He would be sued so quick if he tried that today. It got so bad that the varsity coaches would come to our practices and make Coach Timms give us a break. If only the statute of limitations for a negligence claim was 18 years, I would be filing a class action tomorrow.

Jessica did surprise me with some awesome news this week. This. And this! Except Steve Perry won't be there. Either way, we are seeing Journey in August and I am fired up.
Please vote in the latest poll and remember to tell your friends about this blog. Oh and don't forget to send links to Jessica tomorrow. Until next time, Mahalo!

4 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love the links.

    Yolanda K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ace and Dameshek today! I expect a post about this holy reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me her email and I'll send her some choice bits.

    ReplyDelete