Amazon Link

Sunday, May 17, 2009

2 Months, 1 Day to go

Happy Sunday my fine followers. Let me warn you in advance that this entry may be angrier than usual. As I type this, my Celtics are losing to the despicable Magic and the Mets are losing to the Giants (even grosser since they had the bases loaded with 0 outs and didn't score). Hopefully the Celtics will turn it around, although I don't have much faith since our backup forward has to wear a special headband to prevent concussions and looks worse with his shirt off than I do. That is not a great signal for success.

I had another moment this weekend when I really wanted to tell Jess an Ace story. And this time it would have even be logical in conversation. We were watching Role Models and there is a scene where Paul Rudd drives his truck off a tow truck. The scene seems insane unless you realize that Ace himself did this once. Ace came out to see his truck up on a tow truck for a chicken S reason. He tried to talk to the driver and convince him to take it down, but the guy was being a doucher and wouldn't do it. So Ace just drove off the truck. He must have been so proud that day. So as Paul Rudd was imitating Ace in the movie, I obviously wanted to tell Jess the story. But I refrained. Well maybe she will read this entry and get to enjoy the story anyway.

We had lunch with our friend Rachel today and she told me something that warmed my heart. She was telling me that her friend Ashley and her husband read the blog, which obviously makes me happy. But the best part was Jessica's reaction. As soon as Rachel mentioned it, Jess starting shaking her head. Then she put her head in her hands. The look of defeat was priceless. I could see her annoyance and I couldn't have been more delighted. Hopefully the blog will continue to grow and we can make my dream of site t-shirts a reality. I may need to consult Arthur Kade on how to grow a brand and gain followers to "The Journey." I realize my presence isn't as dynamic and my shoulders aren't as enormous, but maybe I can find half the success that he has.

I also must admit that I may be in the process of becoming a nerd.
1. I went to see Star Trek this weekend. It was really, really good.
2. I have been making fun of LOST nerds for years. Up until this morning, I had never seen a single frame of the show. But Jess and I rented Season 1 on DVD yesterday and watched the Pilot this morning. I have to admit, it's a great show. I am sure it will suck me in and I will start posting about it non-stop. I'm sure that would lead to new readers, but it's just not worth it.
3. I am really excited to see Transformers 2, G.I. Joe and even the new Harry Potter movie. (but I am still not as nerdy as Jess about Harry Potter since she is listening to the books on tape to remind her of the story in advance of the movie).
Obviously I am a little worried about where this is headed. I know I've never been the coolest guy, but if this keeps up the guys at work are going to start beating me up for my lunch money.

The Celtics are about to start the second half. Hopefully it goes better for my beloved C's in the second 24. I'm not really looking forward to LeBron destroying them in the next series, but I like how much pride they have shown. Thanks for reading and until next time, Mahalo!

2 comments:

  1. I'm giddy with excitement that you have now seen LOST. Sawyer...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's not get too excited just yet.

    ReplyDelete