Amazon Link

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm Speechless...

So, Joe Rogan. Holy crap. He was Ace's guest recently and all I can say is holy crap. He is a complete maniac, albeit an entertaining maniac. But a complete maniac nevertheless. I had so much I wanted to tell Jessica about. Joe is obviously a big fan of the drugs. His most insane topic was how orca whales used to kill humans all the time. If I gave you a 100 years to guess where he went next, you still wouldn't get it. He claimed that US pilots used orcas as target practice during WWII (and that very well may be true). However, his next claim is simply madness. He theorized that orcas made a collective decision to stop attacking humans afterwords, since they were destroyed during WWII. It is very possible that human fatalities by orcas went down after WWII, but it is an enormous leap of logic to suppose that the reason is a conscious decision based upon the pilots killing whales at target practice. There can simply be no correlation between the two. It was terribly difficult to not talk to Jess about this.

Rogan went on to talk about how hallucinogenic mushrooms may be from alien worlds and brought to earth in order to communicate with humans. Again, holy crap. I respect that Rogan is a thoughtful guy, but good Lord, he is insane. But he was also on News Radio, which was a completely underrated and amazing show so I will let it slide.

My day featured some outstanding lunch conversation with my friends Trevor and Katie. We were talking about all the ridiculous shows we enjoyed as a child; Family Ties, California Dreams, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude!, Full House, Are You Afraid of the Dark? and GUTS amongst others. And if you clowns don't click on the links I am going to give up. Do you realize how much time that took me? And please don't ask for my version of the Family Ties theme song. If you think I am juvenile and absurd now, you should have seen me at age 9. It is fairly distrubing that I have almost instant recall of all of the above shows (and many, many more) but can't remember important things, like where I parked or basic legal concepts. I really wish there was a way to clear my brain of all this nonsense and remember important things. But maybe one day some person of importance will want to have an in depth conversation about California Dreams. If that ever happens, I will be very impressive and gain some economic advantage from my trivia.

Another funny thing. Katie, from above, has legitimately only seen 25 movies in her life (excluding Lifetime Originals). Aside from the problem of her seeing so few, is the problem of which ones she has seen. For instance, she has seen 3 Ernest movies (Camp, Jail and Saves Christmas) yet none of the Godfather movies. She mentioned that she saw Junior today and it was all too much for me. It is almost like she does this all on purpose and only sees the stupidest movies, at the exclusion of good ones just to upset me. I keep threatening to give she and her husband my entire DVD collection to correct this.

I still don't have any reader ideas for jokes to play on Jessica or shirt ideas. I really expect more from you fine readers. I have a lot of podcasts to catch up on. Lost of updates to come. Until then, Mahalo.

5 comments:

  1. T-shirt idea:
    image: http://mechberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/adam-carolla.jpg
    text: surf dudes with attitudes

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that would be a best selling shirt. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Family Ties deserves to be in the same category as Hey Dude. Family Ties is a classic. And yes...I remember your version of the theme song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NewsRadio was a wonderful show. Rogan, Phil Hartman, Maura Tierney, Stephen Root (Milton from Office Space), and Dave Foley. Even Andy Dick was funny on that show. The writers had to be outstanding to pull that off.

    Sadly, the show died with Hartman. Jon Lovitz was added as a replacement, but it didn't work.

    As for a shirt, I think a cheesy, iron on transfer of a dot matrix print out of a pic of you would be awesome. You know, the uncomfortable, bad lighting and lame backdrop of a high school yearbook photo head shot. I'd buy two for me and my kid just to have people constantly asking who the dude on the shirt was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike, I love your idea. I think it would be hilarious. Although I don't know if I could wear it, since that would be about as narcissistic as possible.

    ReplyDelete