Amazon Link

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jessica wins and we all lose (Day 86)

Sorry for the long absence. As far as I can tell only my favorite reader, ACG, missed me. Yet another reason I need to move to Canada. Free healthcare, friendly people and awesome blog followers.

First the reason for the title: Ace's CBS pilot was not on the schedule for this Fall (Jess wins). I know I'm disappointed. Hopefully the other CBS shows will be garbage and Ace's show will be a mid-season replacement. Since they broadcast stuff like this and this, I think we have a good shot.

Ace had Dameshek on again, so you know it was awesome. To up the ante they decided to include Deaf Frat Guy in the conversation. I was never a big fan of DFG, but in this context he was awesome. Dameshek had a few moments that cracked me up. His first was his advice to the fellas on how to pick up ladies. He said it is key for the guy to tell the lady that she is too into him and it is creeping him out. His thought is that will confuse the lady and make you more desirable. I can speak from experience that it is true. Jessica's first words to me were to tell me to "F off" as part of a game I was playing with a juvenile friend. I turned and walked away and Jess came back to me later out of curiosity. Dameshek proves himself to be a genius once again.

The other thing about Dameshek that cracks me up is his use of old timey language. Ace was telling a story about how he attacked some random dudes harassing people in a mall. Ace thwarted their efforts and saved the local citizens. Dameshek's reactions was to ask Ace if he was in the newspaper with the headline, "Local teens take down rapscallions, local toughs." Whenever Dave talks like that it just cracks me up.

Dave and Ace also had a nice exchange where Dave played a woman that Ace was hitting on. Dameshek's delivery of "Hello there," was priceless.

Jess and I were watching The Soup and saw a clip of Brad Pitt promoting his new movie and Ann Curry made ridiculous remarks about the Jews in the movie. As a loyal Ace fan I immediately thought of Ace's constant talk about the difference in Jews. He says you have the domesticated North American Jew and also the Israeli commando Jew. Of course I couldn't tell Jessica any of this and enjoy a laugh together. This bet is really infringing on our ability to laugh together. In fact it is hurting us so much we have become complete nerds. We have become obsessed with LOST and it is threatening to ruin our lives. I swore I would never become this kind of person, but I have succumb to the foul mistress that is LOST. I am currently shopping for pocket protectors and mapping out alternate routes home so I don't get beat up by the local boys.

In other news, our friend and favorite Arthur Kade is continuing to tread new douchy ground. Every time that I think it is not possible to be any worse a human being than he already is, he proves me wrong. Now he is trying to be a low rent version of Tucker Max, except not smart or funny. It is time we organize and go to Philly to crush him once and for all.

On another personal note, I was saddened to learn today that my friend Trevor doesn't read the blog. I go out of my way to mention him and give him special video shout-outs and he won't even read. So disappointing. At least my other friends at work, Katie, Jason, Andy, David, Matt, Chris, Susan, Steve, Clint, Rocky, Curt and Beth, plus my co-worker Amy still read it. Thanks for your loyalty friends and co-worker. Please accept this video as my gift to you. Until next time, Mahalo!

6 comments:

  1. "Co-worker Amy" here. In fact, I am Gregg's boss but he tends to forget that! Those of you who know Gregg will not be surprised to learn that the list of his "friends" at work includes 1) people who do work at the office but I am sure would be shocked to learn that they are friends of Gregg and 2) what I can only assume are his imaginary "friends" at work since they don't work at the office. Gregg's family (aka the other 3 people who read the blog) - did he have imaginary friends when he was younger? I am thinking about going over to Team Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your "friends" and "family" can provide proof, but how can the rest of us be sure "Jessica" actually exists? Picking Team Jessica could be the same as picking Team Big Bird for all we know.

    Is "awesome" your "amazing"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit, I overuse the word awesome. But when speaking of Ace, it's hard not to get a little too excited. Plus emulating Kade is a high priority.

    I assure you all that Jessica is real and that this blog causes her ample distress. I've offered her a guest post spot that she has yet to take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Co-Worker Amy: How dare you misrepresent the number of readers of the blog. In the words of Tobias Funke, "There are dozens of us. Dozens"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gregg did not have any imaginary friends as a child, his friends may not have been "real" as in animate (he had lots of sports equipment that he would carry around) but these things were his friends nonetheless. If you need "dirt" on Gregg I assure you, I can be "bought".
    His loving Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACG here....

    Must confess - when I first saw the title (pre-coffee), I thought it meant that Jessica won the whole bet and the blog was done....Being unemployed as I am, I keep myself busy by reading blogs (this one & Kade to name two) so I was worried that the demise of this blog would mean a new, real search for a job! I do have to thank you Gregg for the numerous hyperlinks - which keep an unemployed gal busy - though due to some weird rules we can't view all of them in Canada (TV shows, etc)...Thankfully this blog continues...and as always, you and Jessica are invited to Canada (I'm on the East coast) anytime!!

    ReplyDelete