Amazon Link

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Charity Event

Readers, I need your help. Ace is having an auction to get to sit in on a podcast or take a tour of his super garage. Here's the link. This is the opportunity for you all to show how much you love me and help send me to California. Can you even imagine how amazing that would be? Getting to hang out with Ace would completely blow my mind. Please send in your donations and make my dream come true. I promise to give giant shout outs for all donations. And once this blog gets big time, I will take you all with me.

I've had some great suggestions for t-shirts. I am getting pretty excited about it. Jessica caught wind of it and she is not happy. My hope is that the shirts become a reality and that one day Jessica and I are walking down the street and see someone in one of the shirts. That would be the best day of my life.

I have a serious bone to pick with the Oklahoma City Thunder. They had a contest for one fan to get to go to NYC for the draft lottery. To enter, you had to say why you deserved to go in 7 words or less. Here are the finalists:

* Thunder rocks Loud City, New York's next

* I am Thunder loud and Oklahoma proud

* Gonna wear my Thunderwear in Times Square

Fair enough. Until you consider what my entry was: "Me in NYC equals Griffin in OKC." (Blake Griffin is the presumptive #1 pick). I don't mean to be immodest (despite the usual tone of this very self serving blog) but that is clearly better than the finalists. I am disappointed and may write a strongly worded letter to the Thunder management. But I am sure they will read it on the blog and be so embarrased and fly me to NYC immediately.

Keep the shirt ideas coming. Remember to vote about Dave. It is a close race and the world needs a definitive answer. Until next time, Mahalo!

4 comments:

  1. I tried to get pre-approved for the auction but got turned down, rats, and I really wanted to prove to you that I love you the most. Oh well, now we'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this post was going to be about the Real Housewives of NY...they mentioned the words charity event about a hundred times in the last episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gregg, your old buddy Kliewer here. I love this blog as it serves as my only highlight of my day. On the earlier stupid people drawing attention to themselves, I certainly second the motion. Keep em coming. Perhaps we can catch up sometime. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kliewer! Glad you stopped by. We need to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete